Been listening to a lot of Zelda music lately.
Ten of the Best Storybook Cottage Homes Around the World
These 10 fairy tale inspired cottages with their hand-made details call to mind the tales of the Brothers Grimm and other fantasy stories. All of these cottages are real-life homes from around the world. From stunning cottage houses to mystical stone dwellings, these 10 storybook cottage homes provide inspiration and inspire the imagination.
- Hobbit House - Rotorua, New Zealand
- Winckler Cottage - Vancouver Island, Canada
- Akebono kodomo-no-mori Park, Japan
- Wooden Cottage - Białka Tatrzańska, Tatra Mountains, Poland
- Blaise Hamlet - Bristol, England
- Willa Kominiarski Wierch - Zakopane, Poland
- Forest House - Efteling, The Netherlands
- Cottage in the Hamlet of Marie Antoinette - Versailles, France
- Cob House - Somerset, United Kingdom
- The Spadena House - Beverly Hills, California, United States
karcuddles asked: sorry if you've answered this already, but I was wondering if we could commission drawings of ourselves, or if you would prefer only characters/OCs?
Oh, certainly! :) By all means ask for that if you want! I’m sorry, never really occurred to me but I’ll edit that in right away.
In the spirit of the season I’ll be opening up holiday-themed commissions from now until the end of December! For a modest $10 you can get a full-body sketch of any character of your choice - and as a bonus for the winter season, you can have it be winter/holiday-themed if you so wish, with your character in a cute winter getup or having fun in the snow!
- I will be open to commissions from now until January 1st.
- The commissions will be single-colored, full-body, shaded sketches of a single character, such as the one of Mia above. Headshots and busts are also available for $5 less.
- I will only be taking a set amount of commissions, and will post an announcement once all slots are filled. Headshots only take up half a slot, but overall only 15 slots are available - and there’s no telling how quickly they’ll be filled up so act fast!
- Props come free of charge, provided they’re not too large or complex. You can even ask for a snow-version of another character of yours alongside the other, like Fen up there!
- Again, commissions do not necessarily have to be winter-themed - I just thought it’d be a fun bonus for the season. It’s all up to you how you want your character!
- Don’t want an OC or any other existing character? How about a drawing of yourself? Caricatures and “cartoonizations” of you or anyone else you know are always fair game!
Some important rules - please read!
- These are for personal use only. Do not use them for commercial gain. You are free to use commissions of your character as avatars, banners etc. elsewhere, but providing credit if you do would be very much appreciated.
- I will not accept refunds, but I will continually alter the commission until it is to your liking, even if it means a total redraw. You will be getting your moneys’ worth to the end! You are able to request to view preliminary sketches or works-in-progress, if you want to make sure I’m doing it right.
- I will refuse to draw anything explicitly sexual in nature - no pornography or nudity or anything. And no fetish stuff - if I suspect something might be fetishistic I may turn the request down.
- Be sure to provide references for your characters! Tell me a bit about them, too - I like to be accurate in my depiction of their personalities. If your character has no visual reference, I may charge extra as that amounts to more or less (visually) designing a character for you.
And the process:
- Requests should be sent via notes or asks here on Tumblr. Doesn’t matter if it’s to my artblog or personal blog. If you’re okayed on the list I will send you a reply stating so.
- I will be doing the requests in order.
- All commissions will be paid for via PayPal. Payments are always made before work on commissions begins - however, you only need to worry about paying when I’m about to begin yours. For example, I will immediately ask for payment for the first recipient, but only once I’ve finished their commission will I provide my PayPal account to the next recipient and ask for payment. This is just for honesty’s sake, I don’t want anyone to have to pay too early or pay and then have to wait it out for a while.
- Upon completion, the recipient will receive a 320 dpi digital copy of their commission in .png format, privately. Please say so if you do not want it to be uploaded elsewhere! I want to respect the client’s wishes first and foremost.
Happy Holidays, all!
WOOPS, not the place I meant to reblog it to… lol two-letter differences :c
(I drew this with my mouse with my left hand in MS Paint)
I’ve been dealing with some nasty tendonitis in my right wrist for the past 3 weeks. I haven’t been able to draw digitally for these 3 weeks, and the past week, I haven’t been drawing or playing video games at all, in fear of causing more damage to my arm. It’s been healing up and I saw a physician today for some medical support, but I’m afraid I still have about 2 weeks left (estimately) before I’ll be able to draw again.Well, because I make all my income through art, I haven’t made any money for the past month, and I’m broke (I’m also currently looking for a job, but due to my lack of experience, that’s going to take a while). I’d like to be able to afford groceries, get a wrist brace, and ideally, be able to pay some loose bills and buy christmas presents for the family. So, I’m offering a little sale/fundraiser.$12.00 for Full Body, Full Color Character commissions (normally $20.00)$8.00 for Full Body, Flat Color Character commissions (normally $15.00)$6.00 for Bust, Full Color Character commissions (normally $10.00)$1.00 for Mini Character commissions (normally $2.50)$20.00 for Minimation Character commissions (normally $30.00-$50.00)"Characters" include humans, anthros, animals, monsters, pokemon/fakemon, or poniesThe CATCH is that you have send the money (via paypal) as soon as the commission is settled, and I will queue it (after the commission(s) I owe already). Email me (knickinator (at) gmail.com) with your commission request. Once my hand is better, I will get to delivering your commission ASAP. If I don’t have an OVERLOAD of commissions (ha! I wish), I’ll try my best to also get every commission done before Christmas (given that I’m able to draw in time).Really, I don’t need a whole lot, but every bit helps. I can get by with $40 or $60 until my hand is better, but having $300+ would let me get back on my feet altogether, and make up for the past month and this month.If you can’t afford anything, at least reblog :)If you just want to donate (bless your heart), here is my paypal.This sale will end once my hand is back in shape.PS: If you don’t want something from ME or you want something right away, Sandman-Ivan is doing $1 digital colored commissions, and donating to me for the same cause.
feel better soon dude!! That’s a sweet deal so I’m totes gonna grab one.
Starting to feel a little bit like the odd duck out when just about everybody around me is praising Frozen as the best Disney film in a decade or two and I just thought it was… okay. With a lot of frustrating problems that could have been handled much better.
Didn’t think it was anywhere near Beauty and the Beast in terms of quality or… even Tangled frankly… Claims that it was better than both genuinely surprised me actually. I didn’t get all that much of an impact out of it and ended up craving so much more from it. I have no idea what I’m missing and it’s honestly a little alienating being practically the only one you know who’s seen the movie and doesn’t love it.
This my friends, is a masterpiece of a movie. Three homeless people, A runaway teen, a alcoholic father, and an ageing trans woman, are wandering the streets on Christmas eve, when they find a baby abandoned in a dump. They decide to care for it, while they wander around trying to find her mother, meeting several oddballs on their way.
Directed my the great Satoshi Kon, this movie is a must watch for anybody! It’s hilarious, touching, and will have you at the edge of your seat by the end of the crazy journey!
…Aaaaannd, now it’s on Netflix! If you don’t have it, you can also watch it here: http://www.goodanime.net/tokyo-godfathers-movie
Go watch it!
The best Christmas movie.
I indeed work as an animator, although lately my job kind of entails fixing up other peoples animation and posing. My bosses kind of just point at a...
has anyone ever stopped to think about what ridiculous animals goats are
WHAT THE FUCK